BOAH 10-19-15 HPAI Meeting for Egg Producers
Scenario 1: Free Zone/Outside a Control Area
- Company Premises Identification Numbers with Associated Addresses
Scenario 2: In the Control Area
- Testing Requirements for Movement from the Control Area
- Permitted Movement Checklists
- HPAI Response Plan Case Definitions and Production Parameters
Scenario 3: The Infected Farm
- USDA Guide to Understanding the Response Process
- USDA Appraisal and Indemnity Process
- USDA Appraisal and Indemnity Claim Form
- USDA Flock Plan Template customized for Indiana
- USDA Investigation Questionnaire
- DUNS Number
- Respirator Usage and Safety
- BOAH Tip Sheet for Media Relations and Public Affairs
1.) Contact BOAH’s Barb Pierle at (317) 544-2381 or email@example.com with ANY updates regarding your premises. (Contact information, number of houses, number of birds, etc)
2.) Train an appropriate number of individuals to properly obtain and submit diagnostic swabs for avian influenza. (ADDL/ISPA is scheduling a sampling school for November 20th)
3.) Prepare to schedule a time for BOAH personnel to demonstrate usage of the Indiana Permit to your permitted movement key contacts. (A BOAH staff member will contact you.)
4.) Obtain a D-U-N-S Number if you have not already.
5.) Call Dr. Mike Kopp if a flock is experiencing AI-like clinical signs or if mortality or egg production meets HPAI case definitions (see yellow sheet.)
6.) Review Indemnity Claim Form, Flock Plan Template, and Investigation Questionnaire and pre-populate as much information as appropriate.
7.) Arrange for your employees to be medically cleared and fit tested to use a respirator mask.
8.) Designate a media contact person